First of all, before answering that question, you need to know what you really want from a wedding photographer and work with that. The problem is, many people don’t know what they really want from a wedding photographer. All they can say is that they want a great photoshoot, but they cannot go into the details of what a “nice photoshoot entails.”
Hiring a professional photographer can help you in this case.
Make a list of photographers who you think are professional enough for your liking, and let them impress you with their portfolio. Ask them a bunch of questions too, and then make your decision.
To have a clear picture of what you really want for your wedding, you can search the internet for wedding websites like https://www.darrenirwin.com/, or Pinterest. Here are 12 basic questions you should ask before hiring a professional wedding photographer North East for your wedding.
- How long have you been shooting weddings? This is a very good start for virtually any subject you can think of. And like we already know, “experience is the best teacher”. A seasoned photographer understands things you cannot see in any “photography book”.
- Who exactly will be the photographer at my wedding if I book? It’ll be nice to talk to the anticipated photographer for your wedding. Some companies use freelance photographers, some of whom are not so good. Talking with the photographer will create a much-needed connection.
- Is my wedding date available? The professional wedding photographer North East is booked solid most times. Make sure they’ll be available to shoot your wedding before hiring.
- Will you have any assistants with you at my wedding? An assistant means “doing more work in a lot less time”, so that’s a good idea.
- What is your photography style? You and your fiance know what your wedding theme is going to be. Look for a wedding photographer whose style matches your theme.
- Show me a full gallery of a few of your recent weddings, please Seeing is believing!
- What should we expect per standard package? Do you get an engagement photo shoot, physical albums, printed photos separate from the albums, and a video? What about a discount?
- Does the package cover the prints and the albums? Many wedding photographer North East base their jobs on digital soft copies. Do you want more or is that OK?
- How much will it cost? Very important! Only go for a photographer within your budget.
- When will we receive the images, and how? Do you know that some photographers take as much as 6 months to deliver your wedding photos? Can you wait that long?
- What is your cancellation policy? It’s good to know when you can opt out and if you’ll get your deposit after that.
- What will be your plan B? Since when do you not expect one thing or the other to go wrong at a wedding photo shoot? It is almost unavoidable, so prepare for it.